Apple Pie made PLANTSTRONG! The comforting essence of apples and cinnamon make this recipe a wintertime favorite. Start with a wholesome, whole grain, oil-free pizza crust. (Our PLANTSTRONG PIZZA KIT can be delivered to your door!) Then generously spoon on the applesauce, layer with cinnamon, apple slices, walnuts and lemon zest. Bake and serve warm for breakfast with a side of greens, or deck it out for dessert with sweet additions like sliced dates or dried cranberries.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving: Makes 1 Pizza
- 1 Plant-Strong 100% Whole Grain Stone Baked Pizza Crust
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large apples – sliced thin
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon – zested
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon applesauce onto crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Layer apple slices in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon. (maybe some nutmeg?)
- Add walnuts.
- Zest the lemon over the entire pizza.
Optional add-ons: dried cranberries, sliced Medjool dates, raisins, a drizzle of maple syrup.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the apples are tender and enjoy!
Serve for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
Want hundreds of recipes like this one? And access to a private, chef-led community?
Join the PLANTSTRONG Meal Planner today!
PLANTSTRONG Stone Baked Pizza Kits now available, nationwide!