Summer days are heating up across the country. This cool customer packs a savory and sweet crunch with a tangy lime twist. Perfect for picnics and back yard barbecues – this colorful salad is packed with antioxidants and fun!
Rainbow Ribbon Salad
Makes 4 servings
2 large carrots
2 cups red cabbage
2 cups baby arugula
4 green onions
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup peanuts
1 lime to zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons hot sauce
- With a carrot peeler, peel and ribbon the carrots.
- Peel the mango and make 1/4 inch wide slices down to the pit of the mango then, hold the mango upright and use the peeler to make the ribbons. Do this on both sides of the mango. Repeat with the second mango.
- Chop the red cabbage into ribbons.
- Dice the green onions.
- In a large bowl, combine: carrots, mango, red cabbage, green onions and baby arugula.
- Mix together: lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar and hot sauce to make the dressing.
- Pout the dressing over the salad and toss together.
- Add the blueberries, raspberries, peanuts and the lime zest to the salad.
- Toss and serve with your favorite plant burger and corn on the cob.