100% of PLANTSTRONG Meal Planner members who have tried this recipe gave it a thumbs up. If you purchase oil free hummus and bake your tofu in advance, you can make these in a few minutes between Zoom calls.
You’ll find this recipe, along with many more new recipes inside the PLANTSTRONG Meal Planner. With access to hundreds of customizable recipes, printable grocery lists and grocery delivery in select markets, you’ll wonder how you ever planned meals without it – and all for less than $2 a week! Take a free 14-day test drive with the code STARTFRESH.
Already a Meal Planner Member? Add this recipe to your menu with one click.
Makes 4 Servings
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 cup oil free hummus
1/2 t. black pepper
2 t. turmeric
4 whole wheat pitas, lavash or tortillas
1 block extra firm tofu
4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce or spinach
Optional: hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop the drained tofu into 8-12 rectangles. Lay them on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the tofu and add the soy sauce on top of each piece. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes. The longer it cooks, the firmer or chewier it will be. So if you don’t like soft tofu, feel free to give it even longer in the oven. Just test it every 10 minutes or so and flip so it doesn’t stick or burn.
- Produce Prep- Rinse all the produce. Tear or chop the leaves into small pieces. Remove the ends from the carrot and cucumber, then chop them into strips. Slice the avocado, lengthwise, around the pit. Twist each side to open. Scoop out the flesh.
- Mix the hummus with the black pepper and turmeric.
- Lay the pita, lavash or tortillas on a plate. Spread the hummus over the middle of it. Layer the veggies and tofu on top. Optional: add some hot sauce, like Cholula. Roll up like a burrito.
- Leftover veggies? Just enjoy a salad on the side or dipped in leftover hummus.
- Pro tip: Our favorite healthy dressing is hummus thinned out with a little bit of water. Add some spices or herbs to make it extra flavorful. This is a super healthy way to use up leftover veggies.