This breakfast casserole doubles as a dessert. Try serving warm with some “banana nice cream”—you won’t be disappointed!
Want more delicious, plant-strong recipes? You’ll find old favorites, plus hundreds of new recipes (for the standard Engine 2 diet as well as the Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet) in the PLANTSTRONG Meal Planner. With access to hundreds of customizable recipes (Cooking for one? Great! Need some leftovers? We’ve got you covered too!), printable grocery list and grocery delivery in select markets, you’ll wonder how you ever planned meals without it – and all for less than $2 a week!
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts – optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (reserve 1 tablespoon cinnamon to sprinkle over the top)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix together the above ingredients then add:
- 4 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix until well combined and add to 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes for a “scoopable” oatmeal bake or bake 45 minutes for sliceable “cake-like” serving.
Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy while warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.